Testicular biopsy in Turkey : testicular biopsy for IVF at a low price
Testicular biopsy Turkey, in assisted reproduction is an outpatient surgical procedure performed to obtain sperm, it will be used in IVF treatment.
Testicular biopsy in Turkey has a diagnostic purpose. In fact, it makes it possible to study the testicular function concerning the sperm production, to evaluate chromosomal alterations affecting the germ cells that are precursors to sperm or, in the case of azoospermia, to verify the existence of the spermatozoa in the testicle.
Free online quote
The price of a testicular biopsy in Turkey
Our clinic of gynaecology in Turkey offers a testicular biopsy at a low price with an all-inclusive formula that allows you to benefit from a competitive testicular biopsy price as well as a reduced cost of the medical stay in a 5-star hotel.
Please ask for your free online quote to know the price of the testicular biopsy in Turkey.
What are the different types of azoospermia testicular biopsy ?
There are two types of azoospermia :
- Excretory azoospermia testicular biopsy also called obstructive azoospermia : this means that there is a blockage in the channels that carry sperm from the testicle. This can be acquired, such as after a vasectomy, or congenital. Generally, these men have a normal sperm production but the flow of sperm is blocked.
- Secretory azoospermia testicular biopsy also called non-obstructive azoospermia : this means that there is no sperm in the ejaculate because sperm production is significantly reduced.
Testicular biopsy for IVF : the course of the procedure
Testicular biopsy in Turkey is performed under general anaesthesia on an outpatient basis. As a rule, the procedure lasts between 15 and 20 minutes and the hospitalization lasts two days.
There are two different procedures for the testicular biopsy but whatever the procedure is, the urological surgeon begins by cleaning the skin of the scrotum and the surrounding areas with an antiseptic solution to remove bacteria.
- Open biopsy
In the case of a secretory azoospermia, a small incision of 2 to 3 cm is made in the scrotal skin and a small amount of the testicular tissue is then removed. The incisions made on the testicles as well as the scrotal skin are then stitched with an absorbable suture material so that the removal of the stitches is no longer necessary.
- Percutaneous biopsy
In the case of an excretory azoospermia, a small testicular sample is taken using a fine needle inserted through the scrotal skin.
Testicular biopsy in Turkey : the results
The results of a testicular biopsy are usually ready in 2 to 4 days. A pathologist examines the sample under a microscope. He will then look for anything abnormal with the sperm. Sometimes, the development of sperm appears to be normal, but a sperm analysis test shows that the sperm are reduced or absent. In this case, the tube from the testicles to the urethra may be blocked. This tube is called the vas deferens. A blockage can sometimes be surgically repaired.
Testicular biopsy : the postoperative phases
After a testicular biopsy, the patient may be advised to follow certain precautions such as :
- Keeping the biopsy area dry and avoiding to take a shower for several days after the testicular biopsy.
- Using acetaminophen to relieve pain and discomfort.
- Avoiding aspirin for at least one week after the testicular biopsy Turkey.
- Avoiding sexual intercourses and sports activities for at least two weeks.
The risks of a testicular biopsy Turkey
The procedure is generally safe and involves minimal risks such as :
- Hematoma (a collection of blood under the skin).